Do you want to know a guaranteed way to kill your creativity? Tell other people about how you plan to make a daring change by establishing and achieving personal goals. It’s amazing how the small thinkers of the world will succinctly explain to you how your ideas and plans will not work just at the crucial time when you need encouragement to go forward from your "comfort zone" and into the unknown.
Here are 25 of the most common responses from friends, relatives, and office workers who are envious because you are on your way to becoming something they can only imagine. When you hear them, remember this proverb: A man who wants to lead the orchestra must first turn his back on the crowd.
1. Great Idea! Let’s form a committee to go to work on it.
2. Let’s think about it for a while.
3. Don’t get your hopes up too high.
4. Let’s discuss it some other time.
5. It will never work. / What if it doesn’t work?
6. Why not leave well enough alone?
7. That’s not in our job description.
8. That’s not how we do things around here.
9. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
10. We tried it a while back and it didn’t work.
11. It will create more work for everyone.
12. If we do it, they may wonder why we didn’t tackle it
13. The competition does it that way.
14. The competition doesn’t do it that way.
15. Let the competition try it first and see if it works.
16. That’s not my job.
17. The boss will never go for it.
18. Hold on. We’ve got to run it by legal.
19. What! Where did you come up with that idea?
20. It’s too late to fix it now.
21. That’s the kind of idea that could cost you your job.
22. It’s not in our budget.
23. Who will we get to do it?
24. It will take a long time to get it off the ground.
25. Why do we have to push things? Let’s not rock the