Let’s zero in on the one connective thread that binds together the perfect pre-sale
launch campaign – the timing of the launch and the specific day to begin pre-selling.
The timeline is essential to a successful launch. I’m giving you a summary of the homebuilder’s timeline here. Keep it handy.
90 To 150 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
Install marketing signs and place community on website. Use “Coming Soon” verbiage, but no pricing!
60 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
Direct mail to region ZIP codes
45 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
- Direct mail to region ZIP codes
- Generate and distribute a press release to local media, civic groups (e.g., Chamber of Commerce), community calendars, and digital media.
- Place mid-size ads in local real estate publications.
30 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
Make sure all numbers have been crunched and base pricing for homes and homesites is finalized for internal release only.
25 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
- Design and send invitations to your database.
- Consider using a fold-over invitation, and/or oversized postcards.
- Push VIP invitations through digital media channels, email and Facebook.
15 Days Prior To A Pre-Sale Event
- Make personal phone calls to your database.
- Send emails to database: “You’re Invited to a VIP Launch/Pre-sale Event.”
To learn more about setting up a Pre-Sale Launch, download the FREE Proven Pre-Sales E-book!
Are you attending the International Builder’s Show? Let Myers Barnes & Mollie Elkman walk you through the proven formula that will help your sales team successfully execute the pre-sales process in their speaker event, “Proven Pre-Sales: How To Sell A Community Before The Walls Are Up!”
Myers Barnes is America’s favorite new home sales trainer, author, speaker and consultant. For more information, please visit www.myersbarnes.com.